Personal Financial Planner Certificate
This program is delivered by the CU Boulder Leeds School of Business in Lone Tree. Powered by the Charles Schwab Foundation.
Developed with support from Charles Schwab Foundation, the Leeds School of Business Personal Financial Planner Certificate Program is designed for both financial service professionals who seek to acquire additional skills for serving the needs of their individual clients and career-changers who seek to acquire the knowledge necessary to effectively transition into the profession.
What makes this graduate certificate program unique?
- The quality and rigor of the certificate courses are consistent with what is expected from an award-winning, AACSB-accredited business school.
- The courses are created and taught by University of Colorado faculty, each of whom hold academic and industry credentials.
- The all-inclusive pricing includes tuition and fees, all books and a four-day exam prep course.
- The program is an elective pathway to a master’s degree – MS Finance, Personal Financial Planning Emphasis.
- Students will be connected to CU’s academic and professional networks.
How can the certificate program and earning CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) certification help your career?
- Increased recognition by clients and colleagues
- Expanded career options
- Greater personal and job satisfaction
- Opportunity for job promotion and higher income
- Ease of transition into the field
- New skills may re-energize your career
Upon completion of the following six courses, you will meet the education requirements necessary to sit for the CFP® examination.
1. Introduction to Personal Financial Planning and Insurance
2. Personal Income Taxation
3. Investments and Portfolio Management
4. Retirement Planning
5. Estate Planning
6. Personal Financial Plan Development (Capstone)